REVEALED: How brave sex victim who was repeatedly raped by her stepfather got the paedophile to confess in a recorded telephone call

  • A sexual abuse survivor has extracted a confession in a court-authorised call
  • The brave woman suffered horrific sexual abuse at the hands of her stepfather
  • The alleged predator told her he did it because she was ‘too nice’ to him 

A brave woman who allegedly suffered years of horrific sexual abuse at the hands of her stepfather extracted his confession in a ­recorded phone call.

Stacey Simpson (not her real name) asked the 66-year-old why he repeatedly raped her at their home in Sydney’s west between 1995 and 2001, when she was seven to 14 years old.

The alleged predator told her he did it because she was ‘too nice’ to him.

‘It was the most courageous thing I have ever done. I managed to get clear and precise confessions to his crimes… I have no idea where my strength came from that day.’ Ms Simpson told the Weekend Australian

The 32-year-old also asked if she was his only victim and he allegedly said yes.  

But despite the taped confession, it remains unclear whether it will actually be used in court.

A brave woman who allegedly suffered years of horrific sexual abuse at the hands of her stepfather, extracted a confession in a ­recorded phone call

A brave woman who allegedly suffered years of horrific sexual abuse at the hands of her stepfather, extracted a confession in a ­recorded phone call

The accused peadophile was arrested in Seven Hills earlier this week, seven months after Ms Simpson’s phone call was given to authorities.  

He was charged with 13 offences relating to the sexual abuse of a child and refused bail.

The phone call was submitted to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions on May 27 in an application to press the further charge of persistent abuse of a minor – an offence which carries life in prison.

But police made the arrest on lesser charges as the ODPP could not decide whether the phone call was sufficient enough evidence, given the amount of time which had elapsed.

Although Ms Simpson is relieved her alleged abuser is finally in custody, she said the blame game between police and prosecutors is ‘disappointing’.     

‘I’ve just accepted that the system isn’t there for me. I’m really not expecting him to cop much of a sentence. Why would seven years of my childhood matter to the system?’ she said. 

Stacey Simpson was repeatedly raped her at her home in Sydney's west between 1995 and 2001, when she was seven to 14 years old (stock image)

Stacey Simpson was repeatedly raped her at her home in Sydney’s west between 1995 and 2001, when she was seven to 14 years old (stock image)

It’s not the first time Ms Simpson has gone to police in the hope they would resolve her trauma. 

She reported the alleged repeated rapes to police when she was just 14 in a recorded video interview after suffering the abuse for half her life. 

Ms Simpson dreamed of being free and wanted to sleep peacefully without anyone sneaking into her room at night. 

But she was not ready to ‘face her demons’ in court and eventually decided not to press charges. 

However, there is still a chance her video interview, all well as the phone call, will both be used in court.

‘I was told that I could press charges at any time I wished, however, what they failed to tell me was how hard it would be to push those charges as a historic case. Unless you are willing to be loud, no one listens when it is a historic case,’ Ms Simpson said. 

She hopes her battle to bring her alleged abuser to justice will help expose some of the glaring failures in the legal system when it comes to child sexual abuse cases.

Her stepfather will appear in Blacktown Local Court on Thursday.

Advertisement



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *